Se edita en Owosso, Michigan, EE.UU.
En 1841 Edward L. Ament fundó el periódico Owosso Argus. En 1847 Ament falleció y el periódico continuó siendo publicado por un año por Ephriam Gould hasta su venta a M.H. Clark, quien trasladó el medio a la ciudad de Corunna. Allí fue cambiado el nombre a Shiawassee Democrat hasta el cierre del diario en 1856.
The Owosso American was first published in Owosso in 1854 by G.C. and O.R. Goodell. In 1862, the Owosso Press was launched by Burton Hanchett and Gilbert Lyon and was purchased a year later by J.H. Champion & Co. In 1880, George Owen merged his Shiawassee American with the Owosso American. The publication continued in Owosso under the name of the Owosso American. Then in 1890, H. Kirk White Sr. purchased the Owosso Press and Owosso American. The newspaper was known as the Owosso Press-American and later converted into a daily. The Evening Argus was established in Owosso in 1892 by J.N. Klock and R.C. Eisley. This newspaper was purchased in 1895 by George T. Campbell, who had come to Owosso as secretary of the YMCA. At that time, the Argus was published in a basement on West Exchange street between Ball and Washington streets. Later, the Argus was moved to the Cadwallader building at the corner of Ball and Exchange streets. The Press-American was located on South Washington street. In 1916, the Evening Argus and the Press-American were merged. Mr. White was made postmaster under the administration of Woodrow Wilson and Mr. Campbell was editor and publisher of the merged paper. The name was shortened to Owosso Argus-Press. In 1919, the newspaper had outgrown its quarters and Mr. Campbell purchased the Amos property at the corner of Park and Exchange streets, a building occupied for years by the Union Transfer Co., carrying on a hack and dray service during the horse and buggy era. The building was remodeled for newspaper use and has been the home of The Argus-Press ever since. Now in its fourth generation of active ownership, The Argus-Press is one of the few remaining independent, family-owned newspapers in the country.